JULY 21, 2016
Translation into Malayalam of Vatican Documents on Yoga and Meditation, and New Age
Two very important (and yet relatively uncommunicated in the Indian Church) Vatican Documents for our times have been translated (finally!) into Malayalam, probably the language of most Catholics in India.
The Documents are
1. Jesus Christ, the Bearer of the Water of Life, A Christian Reflection on the New Age (February 3, 2003)
2. Letter to the Bishops of the Catholic Church on Some Aspects of Christian Meditation (October 15, 1989)
JESUS CHRIST THE BEARER OF THE WATER OF LIFE, A CHRISTIAN REFLECTION ON THE NEW AGE
JESUS CHRIST THE BEARER OF THE WATER OF LIFE, A CHRISTIAN REFLECTION ON THE NEW AGE-SUMMARY
LETTER TO THE BISHOPS OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH ON SOME ASPECTS OF CHRISTIAN MEDITATION (ORATIONIS FORMAS)
They have been printed and published on June 9, 2016, as two parts of one single book titled Yesukristhu Jeevajalathinte Vahakan which means “Jesus Christ, the Bearer of the Water of Life”.
The two translated Documents are placed between one cover because of, among other things, the commonality of their warning against the spiritual dangers involved in the practice of Yoga by Christians. Yes, Yoga is not a set of physical exercises as is commonly believed, but is a Hindu system of meditation that is devised to lead one to a monistic spiritual union with the universal or cosmic energy of the universe which is explained in detail in the Document on the New Age. These philosophies are antithetical to Biblical revelation and Christianity and their practice in meditation (Transcendental Meditation, Vipassana, Yoga and Zen) is dangerous for Catholics to indulge in.
There are three Forewords to the book, and they are given by
1. Bishop Jacob Manathodath of Palghat diocese
2. Archbishop Emeritus Mar Jacob Thoomkuzhy of Trichur Archdiocese
3. Rev. Fr. James Manjackal MSFS, an Indian retreat preacher and crusader against New Age meditations and New Age alternative medicines operating out of Munich, Germany, and giving retreats in scores of countries worldwide since over 15 years.
Copies of the translation are available from Children of Immaculate heart of Holy Mary, Post Box No. 122, Irinjalakuda -680121, Kerala; email: Categories: new age
Categories: new age