10 prelates to draft Synod of Bishops’ final document
Catholic World News – October 02, 2015
Cardinal Lorenzo Baldisseri, the secretary general of the Synod of Bishops, has announced the names of the nine prelates who will work with him to draft the final report of the upcoming synod on the family.
Each of the three weeks of the synod, which begins on October 4 and concludes on October 25, is devoted to the discussion of one chapter of the synod’s instrumentum laboris, or working document. The final report, based on the discussions, will be presented to the synod fathers on October 24, whereupon it will be presented to the Holy Father, who is free to accept or reject the various recommendations.
The members of the committee for the drafting of the final report are Cardinal Baldisseri and:
- Cardinal Peter Erdo (Hungary)
- Archbishop Bruno Forte (Italy)
- Cardinal Oswald Gracias (India)
- Cardinal Donald Wuerl (United States)
- Cardinal John Dew (New Zealand)
- Archbishop Victor Manuel Fernández (Argentina)
- Bishop Mathieu Madega Lebouakehan (Gabon)
- Bishop Marcello Semeraro (Italy)
- Father Adolfo Nicolás (superior general, Society of Jesus)